Volunteering is any activity that involves giving your unpaid time, energy and skills for the greater good.
Volunteers create positive changes in many areas – human rights, faith communities, health, education, sports and recreation, social services, arts and culture, emergency services, the environment and conservation, animal welfare, and community support development – and that’s just the beginning.
Why do people volunteer?
- To learn new skills, knowledge and experience
- To develop existing skills, knowledge and experience
- To find new passions
- To meet new people and forming long-term friends and partnerships
- To contribute to a good cause
- To make an invaluable difference
- To have fun!
- To develop English language skills
If you’d like to speak to someone on our team about volunteering, please phone us: South Canterbury Office: 0800 865 268, Mid Canterbury Office: (03) 308 1237 or send your questions via our contact form.